B2B Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to Increase Profits and Leads from Customers that Don’t Already Know You
According to a recent Enquiro B2B survey, over 70% of B2B purchasers began their research from a search engine. There is a lot of talk about the “Buyer’s Journey” changing so that they get over 80% of their information before they ever contact you If you are not part of their information-gathering journey, you may not get a call.
Of those business-to-business searchers, 74% clicked the free, or “organic” listings while only 19% clicked on paid ads. B2B prospects trust overt advertising less than your typical web searcher so to achieve the highest initial level of trust, your website must show up in the organic search engine results lest you receive a fraction of your possible opportunities.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) has a unique capability. So long as you maintain rankings in search engines, you will receive leads at no additional cost. No other marketing medium has this longevity. A TV or radio commercial is gone in an instant, a trade magazine may last as long as a month or two, but in theory, search engine rankings can provide a stream of qualified leads to your business in perpetuity.
Some of the factors that will help you find the answer to the worth of that #1 ranking:
- 42% of Google searchers click on the top ranking
- Only 8% click the second listing
- Higher traffic and profitable keywords are tougher
- Competition for rankings
- Brand recognition. It’s absolutely vital you rank for your brand. Otherwise someone else will benefit from your marketing efforts
A great SEO company will help you with:
- Site structure setup
- Adding content, even doing the copy for you on a monthly basis if necessary
- Link building month-after-month
- Analytics to determine what is actually converting to leads
- Integration with your social media campaigns
- ROI analysis
Looking for a better marketing strategy?
We’d love to help you start exceeding your digital marketing goals.
Search Engine Optimization Allows Business to Business Companies to:
- Dramatically increase levels of qualified prospects
- Prequalify prospects by targeting “more qualified” keywords
- Open communication with potential customers earlier in the sales cycle, guiding them to a completed sale
- Achieve instant credibility with prospects and be positioned as a leader in the industry
- Achieve a ROI that can outperform any other current marketing medium available
Great search engine results take more than chance. There are proven processes that companies must follow to reach the upper echelons of Google and Bing’s organic rankings. You will find these processes are a hybrid of basic marketing principles but require an innate knowledge of how search engines work and what opportunities exist for your company to become known on the web.
B2B companies can often compete against the 800 lb gorilla in their market at a fraction of the cost by simply working smarter, not harder at their search engine rankings. To know what to do, when to do it, and how, you need a qualified B2B search engine optimization partner. They should have a broad knowledge of internet marketing. SEO is more complex these days and the success of such a program depends on the overall health of your website.